Friday, September 12, 2014

FOOD FRIDAY- Baked Oatmeal

Here is the first of many food posts! I love trying new things in the kitchen and fueling my body right! I have posted a few of my creations in the past, so I wanted to share my newest one, along with the recipe!

A lot of the times, I get into a routine in the morning for breakfast, and I constantly make the same thing. I must say that I tend to find what works, and stick with that. I tried making baked oatmeal a few weeks ago, and I am a big fan! So now I just make a batch for the week and eat it along with my Ezekiel bread and eggs for breakfast!

What is your favorite breakfast fuel? How much do you mix it up? Or do you just keep it the same?

Baked Oatmeal
Prep time: 10 min.    Cook time: 40 min.     Total time: 50 min.
Ingredients:
3 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup of milk (I use unsweetened Almond Milk)
1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup honey (optional)
1 whole green apple chopped into small pieces
1/2 banana chopped into small pieces
(you can choose to add whatever fruit you want!)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8x8 baking dish.
2. Mix oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in bowl. Beat in milk, butter, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla extract, and honey. Then add in fruit.
3. Bake in over for 40 minutes.
4. Eat and enjoy!




Let me know if you try this, or add any variations!! Send pictures and reviews, as well!

No comments: